About the Counseling and Career Center
The mission of the LHS school counseling program is to ensure a safe and supportive environment in which all students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for academic, career, and social/emotional development to become life-long learners, creative thinkers and responsible community members.
- All students benefit from a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic success in school.
- All students will be supported within an inclusive school environment in order to build a strong social and academic foundation that will enable them to make positive choices in life.
- Diversity is a strength and is something to be respected and appreciated in fostering unity among students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Students are best served through supportive collaboration between school staff, families and the community.
- In providing individualized and collaborative academic planning, guidance curriculum and post-high school planning workshops so that each student will develop the skills and self-knowledge needed to set and achieve academic, career and personal/social goals both during and after high school.
Liberty’s Counseling department will work to maximize the student experience and ensure all students leave our system prepared for success in post-secondary endeavors and become responsible community members. The department will annually evaluate our comprehensive school counseling program in order to meet the changing needs of our students and community.
As your school counselor, we can assist you with the following:
- New student registration and orientation
- Educational planning
- Support for special needs
- Identify post-secondary options consistent with your interests, achievement, aptitudes and abilities
- School-to-college and career information
- Information on community service activities/job shadows
- Identify personal skills, interests and abilities and relate them to current career choice
- Develop career awareness and employment readiness
- School adjustment concerns
- Academic pressures
- Peer difficulties
- Student crisis and conflicts
- Information on community services and agencies
Who is your counselor?
Liberty High School counselors are generally assigned by grade level. Students in our AVID program will have a specific counselor.
Class of 2025
Class of 2024
Class of 2023
Class of 2022
AVID Counselor/7-10 CCP
School to Career Specialist
School to Career Assistant
Student Support Wellness Counselor