We’re pleased to share a new fundraising program for our school. It’s called “SCRIP”, and it’s the fundraising program that works while you shop. Consider using gift cards for your holiday shopping, plus they make great gifts.
SCRIP stands for “Substitute Cash Redeem in Person”, it is simply a word that means “substitute money”. In other words, scrips are gift certificates or gift cards from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift cards that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including JCPenney, The Gap, Shell, Pizza Hut, Red Robin and many, many others.
Retailer list sorted alphabetically
Retailed list sorted by category
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple -- scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift cards to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps the difference as revenue (usually 2%-15% of face value)
Benefits of SCRIP
Earn money for Patterson without spending an additional penny.
Spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip
Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including: groceries, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and dining out.
There are two types of scrip available…physical gift cards or instantaneous gift cards that are printed at home. Physical gift cards are shipped to the school. These are ordered and distributed on a predetermined schedule every two months. You may order them via a paper form or you can order them online anytime and the order will be released by the scrip coordinator on the predetermined order dates. Instantaneous gift cards (called ScripNow) are ordered online and can be printed immediately from home. To do either of the online ordering options (physical gift cards or ScripNow), you have to set up your account and link your payment info using the Online Order Set Up instructions below. Please note, pick up of physical gift cards must be at school by a parent on the date stated unless other arrangements are made. We will not allow children to carry home gift cards.
Physical Gift Cards Purchase/Delivery Schedule:
The Patterson Booster Club will be accepting physical scrip orders one time this school year. This will be announced before the event in November
Using ScripNow, you can still order and print gift cards throughout the year. These are available instantaneously and can be used right away. To do this, you have to set up your account using the Online Order Set Up instructions below.
Online Order Payment Set-Up
- To order online (either gift cards or print now options) a one time set up process is required to establish the Bank to Bank Transfer (ACH) account for immediate future payments.
- Go to shopwithscrip.com
- Register an account using Patterson Elementary Enrollment Code 6EFEL44637362
- Go to PrestoPay and set up ACH payment using your personal bank routing number and account number.
- Follow the subsequent instructions for verification. This process takes 2-3 business days.
- PrestoPay is a secure site similar to PayPal. After this one time initial set up, you can order and pay for future orders immediately.
- After you have finished and verified PrestoPay, you are ready to make an online order. At shopwithscrip.com, you can purchase gift cards to print immediately, reload your currently owned physical gift cards or you can order new physical gift cards.
- Immediately print gift cards (called ScripNow!) - store options limited, check availability
- Reload gift cards - store options limited, check availability
- New gift cards - many options are available. Order gift cards and submit payment online. Your order will be on hold until the scrip coordinator submits the paper form bulk order. All physical gift cards are processed, shipped and delivered to parents at the same time. This option is for the convenience of ordering and paying from home, it does not get your gift cards to you faster unfortunately
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com