What is a Career and College Pathway?
High school is an important part of a student’s preparation for life, a time of transitions to post-secondary education, careers and adult responsibilities. Career and College Pathways can help students to clarify their career and college goals and to select courses that match their goals.
Hilhi offers over 16 different pathways ranging from Business to Veterinary Science!
Why enroll in a CCP?
Each student will be able to:
- Pursue personal, academic and career interests
- Establish post-high school goals
- Actively engage in educational planning and take responsibility for learning
- Apply high-level academic and career-related knowledge and skills in relevant and meaningful learning experiences
- Receive support from school, parents and the community.
How will I earn a CCP Cord at graduation?
To earn a CCP graduation cord, students will need to:
- Pass required foundation and advanced application courses with a B or better
- Complete program-specific requirements which may include service-learning and/or an internship
- Complete a senior project/portfolio as required in the CCP, typically through a senior-level course.
Information about Career and College Pathways, including available career days and seminars, internship opportunities, and more is available on the District website: www.hsd.k12.or.us/ccp.
One-Page flyers are available for every pathway. To access the full library of career and college pathways, visit www.hsd.k12.or.us/ccponepagers
Honors & IB Diploma
Sports, Exercise & Health Science
Veterinary Science Technology