What are instructional standards?
Instructional standards are guidelines for what a student should be able to know and do in a particular subject area.
What are the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)?
Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are standards in English language arts and mathematics that were developed at a national level and have been adopted by most states in the U.S. They are designed to provide more consistency for students and ensure students are ready for careers and college.
Information About CCSS
- Why the Common Core?
- What Does Common Core Mean for My Student?
- What do Parents Need to Know about CCSS?
- Working with the "Shifts," What Parents Can do to Help their Children Learn
- Parent's Backpack Guide to CCSS (K-5)
- Frequently Asked Questions About CCSS
- FAQs about CCSS and Data Collection
- CCSS in English Lang. Arts
- CCSS in Math