Scope of Work
Please note that project tasks, costs and schedules may fluctuate due to cost of materials and labor, conditions at the site, unforeseen and/or revised scope, and other factors. Projected budget: $12.4 million
- Roofing, Flexible Furniture
Upcoming improvements include roofing upgrades and flexible classroom furniture (FFE).
- CTE Renovations
Classrooms will be renovated and upgraded for several CTE programs. Except for the early childhood modular building, which is expected to start April 24, 2019, renovation work will start after school ends in June 2019, with substantial completion by mid-August 2019. Work being done includes:
- Business/Student Store - new finishes and flooring, collaborative walls, lighting upgrades; student store improvements to include new prep area, HVAC improvements, electrical upgrades, add three-part sink, dishwasher/sanitizer.
- Computer Technology
- Room 101A - renovate clean maker space to include finishes, flooring, collaborative walls, power/cable management, add transparency.
- Room 101B - renovate to include collaborative walls, power/cable management, lockable storage, add transparency
- Room 105 - collaborative walls, overhead power/cable management, storage.
- Culinary Arts - renovation to classroom area, build out similar to Liberty Culinary Arts program, commercial kitchen casework and shelving, upgrade ventilation and power, add dishwasher/sanitizer.
- Early Childhood - install new modular building to include two classrooms (high school and preschool), kitchen area, office space, and storage (April 24 - Aug. 9, 2019)
- Engineering (Rm 102) - add transparency, collaborative walls, power/cable management, lockable storage.
- Graphic Design - collaborative room finishes, flooring, add transparency.
- Health Science - collaborative walls in lab, new double sink, finishes and flooring, data and power upgrades, storage and lighting upgrades.
A distributed antenna system (DAS) was installed in May 2018 to ensure that first responders can communicate between themselves throughout all areas of the building. This safety-related project incorporates cable and antennae that boost the radio signals on the first responders' operating frequencies.
- Entry Security
The front office area was renovated to improve the line of sight to the front door, enhance entry security, streamline access into the building, and better monitor visitors to the school. The entry access system went live on May 6, 2019. All doors will be locked after the start of each school day, and students, parents, and visitors will be directed to the main office where they will need to check in. This is part of the safety and security measures that are being implemented across the district. At Century, these measures also include: security cameras, card key access, strobes, and visual warning inside and outside the building
- Turf Field and Lights
This project installed a new multi-use synthetic turf field with lights over winter 2019 to replace the existing grass field. View the time-lapse video of construction, provided by Bernhardt Golf and the ribbon-cutting ceremony on April 1, 2019.
Cornerstone Management Group
- In-building radio communication/DAS: Todd Johnson
- Entry security: Mary Dolan
- Renovations/CTE expansion: Mary Dolan
- New turf field: Becca VandeWalle
- DAS: AWS Communications
- Renovations/CTE expansion:
- BLRB Architects (architectural design)
- Sazan Group (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection)
- Turf field: AKS Engineering & Forestry
- DAS: Reece
- CTE modular building: Aries Building Systems
- Turf field: Bernhardt Golf