Character ♦ Scholarship ♦ Leadership ♦ Service
Century's National Honor Society is a group of academically driven and service-minded juniors and seniors who exemplify the four pillars of NHS: character, scholarship, leadership, and service. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Koch.
Class of 2021 Student Officers
President - Reja Shakya
Vice President - Christopher Nguyen
Secretary - Lizzy Bou
Junior Officers to be announced after October 15th!
Covid-19 Information & Updates for the 2020/2021 School Year
National Honor Society Membership Requirements:
- Students will maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Students will uphold the pillar of Character by maintaining a clean disciplinary record
- An annual due of $10 will be made on the Century Webstore before the end of Quarter 2 (these dues are used to award scholarships at the end of each year)
Updates to NHS Membership Requirements:
- Students will complete 40 hours of service over the course of their junior and senior years, 20 of which are group (service opportunities provided by NHS) and 20 of which are individual (service opportunities that you seek out on your own) *Please note that the total number of hours may change
- Students will be required to attend two of the four meetings this year, instead of all meetings
- The $20 Induction Due is waived this year
- Being in 5 credit-earning classes is waived this year
First Virtual Meeting: We will have our first virtual meeting on October 15th, after school from 3:25 - 3:55. We will have the Google Meet link up on the NHS Google Classroom Page. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Induction of New Members: Sophomores who were earning a cumulative 3.5+ GPA as of the end of Semester 1 of the 2019/2020 school year will be receiving their NHS invitation through the mail, by October 2nd. The invitation letter will have information on requirements, how to join, and where to gain access to important announcements. Induction forms will be due back by October 7th, and an Induction Ceremony video will be sent to our new members by the 9th.