About Mike Scott
Born and raised in Oregon, Mike Scott has served in the Oregon public school system for more than 30 years. During that time, he has held the positions of classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal, and assistant superintendent. He is currently serving as the superintendent of the Hillsboro School District, and has been since 2009.
As a classroom teacher, Mike worked to actively engage each student in the learning process. As an administrator, he received the Oregon Middle School Principal of the Year award in 2003 for his work at Poynter Middle School. Mike is the past president of the Oregon Middle Level Association, and was previously awarded Oregon State University College of Education’s Trendsetter Award.
Mike enjoys spending time with his family. His daughter is a graduate of the University of Oregon and is currently living and working in Portland, and his son is a graduate of Linfield and is also living and working in Portland. Mike's wife is an administrator in the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Their favorite things to do as a family are participating in sports and other outdoor activities year-round.
Mike considers it a privilege to work in a district where people are so dedicated to the students. He continues to work side by side with the Hillsboro staff and community to close the achievement gap and to provide opportunities for all students regardless of their background, circumstances, ethnicity, or income level. Mike is committed to providing an environment for students that will allow them to learn, grow, and understand the world around them so they can make it a better place for all of us.
2020 Fall Chats
Superintendent Scott will hold three Coffee Chats this month - two for a general audience and one for a Spanish-speaking audience:
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. - general audience
- Friday, Oct. 23, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - general audience
- Thursday, Oct. 29, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Spanish-speaking audience
The general audience Coffee Chats will be livestreamed at www.hsd.k12.or.us/livestream. If you’d like to submit a question, comment, or feedback either in advance or during the event, there are two ways to do so:
- Complete the Superintendent Coffee Chat Question Submission form; or
- Join the HSD Coffee Chat Remind group and submit your question via the app or text.
- If you have a smartphone, open your web browser and go to rmd.at/hsdcoffee. Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications by texting @hsdcoffee to the number 81010 (or 404-236-6585 if you’re having trouble with 81010).
- If you already have a Remind account, join the HSD Coffee Chat “class” @hsdcoffee.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Chief Communications Officer Beth Graser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to participate in the Spanish-language chat, please join the Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/ccs-gudb-axj or dial +1 470-655-0305 PIN: 462 795 800#.