About Mike Scott
Born and raised in Oregon, Mike Scott has served in the Oregon public school system for more than 30 years. During that time, he has held the positions of classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal, and assistant superintendent. He is currently serving as the superintendent of the Hillsboro School District, and has been since 2009.
As a classroom teacher, Mike worked to actively engage each student in the learning process. As an administrator, he received the Oregon Middle School Principal of the Year award in 2003 for his work at Poynter Middle School. Mike is the past president of the Oregon Middle Level Association, and was previously awarded Oregon State University College of Education’s Trendsetter Award.
Mike enjoys spending time with his family. His daughter is a graduate of the University of Oregon and is currently living and working in Portland, and his son is a graduate of Linfield and is also living and working in Portland. Mike's wife is an administrator in the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Their favorite things to do as a family are participating in sports and other outdoor activities year-round.
Mike considers it a privilege to work in a district where people are so dedicated to the students. He continues to work side by side with the Hillsboro staff and community to close the achievement gap and to provide opportunities for all students regardless of their background, circumstances, ethnicity, or income level. Mike is committed to providing an environment for students that will allow them to learn, grow, and understand the world around them so they can make it a better place for all of us.
2019 Fall Coffee Chats
The fall series of Superintendent Coffee Chats will begin on Friday, Nov. 22, and will conclude on Friday, Dec. 20. Some locations are still to be determined, but the dates and times are below:
- Friday, Nov. 22, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Administration Center, 3083 NE 49th Pl. Coffee and pastries will be provided.
- Tuesday, Nov. 26, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at South Meadows Middle School, 4690 SE Davis Rd. Coffee, pastries, and childcare will be provided. This event is for Spanish speakers.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Ava Roasteria, 936 NE Orenco Station Loop, Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Tuesday, Dec. 17, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Longbottom Coffee & Tea, 4893 NE 59th Ave v, Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Friday, Dec. 20, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. South Store Café, 24485 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97123
These are casual, no-host (except as noted), drop-in events where you can hear from the Superintendent about important things happening in the District and ask any questions you may have.
Meet Superintendent Scott, learn more about the important activities going on in the District.