Principal OJ Gulley
Mr. Gulley begins his fourth year as the principal of Evergreen and his tenth year as a part of the Hillsboro School District. Prior to joining the Hillsboro community, he spent five years in the Reynolds School District. After being at the high school level for many years, Evergreen has provided him with the exciting opportunity to work with students at an earlier stage of their education. He continues to look forward to collaborating with teachers and families in order to make the student transition from middle to high school a successful one as well as from elementary to middle school.
- Linfield College - 2004; Bachelor of Arts in History & Secondary Education
- Concordia University – 2008; Masters of Arts in Education & Administration
- Concordia College – 2010; Administrative Licensure
- 10 years as a classroom teacher at Reynolds and Liberty High Schools
- 2 years as Dean of Students at Liberty High School
- 2 years as Assistant Principal at Liberty High School
- 3 years as Head Basketball Coach at Liberty High School
- 7 years as an assistant coach in basketball and football
Assistant Principal Matt Nova
Matt has worked for the District since 2005 when he was a special education teacher in self-contained classrooms at Imlay and Lenox Elementary Schools. In 2007, Matt moved to Evergreen and served as the Life Skills coordinator for seven years. In the 2014-15 school year, Matt moved to the District Office and was a support specialist in the Student Services department, working with school-level teams to increase inclusion opportunities and access to the general curriculum for special needs students. He has been a coordinator in the department for the past four years. Matt looks forward to the opportunity to return to Evergreen and serve in a role where he will interact with and support all students, staff, and families.
- Western Oregon University – 2003; Bachelor of Arts Early Childhood Elementary Education
- Pacific University – 2005; Masters in Special Education
- Concordia University – 2018; Administrative Licensure
- 2 years as an elementary special education at Imlay Elementary and Lenox Elementary
- 7 years as a middle school special education teacher at Evergreen Middle School
- 1 year as student services teacher on special assignment in Hillsboro School District
- 4 years as student services coordinator in Hillsboro School District
Dean of Students Deborah Alvarado
Mrs. Alvarado is in her thirty second year in education and most recently served as Dean of Students at Witch Hazel Elementary but has been serving the Hillsboro School District since 2004. Throughout her career she has taught and worked alongside students from preschool age up into adulthood. She is enthused to be able to apply her prior educational and work experiences to her new appointment as Dean of Students with the Evergreen team. Mrs. Alvarado feels that the best part of her job is connecting with students and families to form lasting relationships and is looking forward to the continued opportunity to spread her passion for life-long learning.
- George Fox University - 2019 Administrative License
- University of Portland - 2014 Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Endorsement
- Portland State University – 2010 Masters in Special Education (Bilingual Special Education)
- Westmont College – 1988 Bachelor of Arts Psychology
- 1 year as Dean of Students at Witch Hazel Elementary
- 2 years as AVID Coordinator and AVID Elective Teacher at Poynter Middle School
- 9 years as Resource Specialist/Special Education/ Case Manager at Lincoln Street Elementary & Poynter Middle
- 6 years serving in classified positions in HSD including student support, bilingual secretary
- 6 years as School-Age Child Care Specialist, San Francisco, CA
- 2 years Adult Vocational Coach, San Francisco, CA.
- 2 years as Early Intervention Teacher, San Jose, CA